Comprehensive Thyroid Panel–The American Thyroid Association estimates that as many as 60% of people with thyroid disease are not aware of it. Statistics show that women are seven times more likely than men to develop thyroid problems, facing as much as a one in five chance of developing a problem particularly during the peri-menopause years when hormones start to fluctuate.
Thyroid disease or dysfunction can explain a wide variety of symptoms. Do these sound familiar?
- Weight gain or inability to lose weight despite exercise and diet
- Feeling cold all the time (when others don’t)
- Low energy and stamina, especially in the evening
- Memory lapses or slow/fuzzy thinking
- Dry, thinning, itchy skin
- Dry or brittle hair and nails
- Hair loss
- Irregular bowel habits
- Menstrual irregularities
- Sudden or significant weight loss
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Nervousness or irritability
Levels of key thyroid hormones can indicate whether there is a thyroid imbalance. These include:
√ Lab Test
√ Doctor’s Review of Test Results
√ Doctor’s Recommended Course of Action
NOTE: This test is not available to residents of New York. Any orders originating from New York will automatically be canceled and samples discarded.