Essential Thyroid Panel: 30 million adults suffer from thyroid imbalance. Don’t let dysfunction go undiagnosed.
The thyroid is a small butterfly-shaped gland that sits behind and below the Adam’s apple. A wide range of factors from hormone imbalances to mineral deficiencies and environmental pollutants can interfere with thyroid production,leading to health problems. The American Thyroid Association estimates that as many as 60% of people with thyroid disease are not aware of it. Statistics show that women are seven times more likely than men to develop thyroid problems, facing as much as a one in five chance of developing a problem particularly during the peri-menopause years when hormones start to fluctuate.
Thyroid disease or dysfunction can explain a wide variety of symptoms. Do these sound familiar?
- Weight gain or inability to lose weight despite exercise and diet
- Feeling cold all the time (when others don’t)
- Low energy and stamina, especially in the evening
- Memory lapses or slow/fuzzy thinking
- Dry, thinning, itchy skin
- Dry or brittle hair and nails
- Hair loss
- Irregular bowel habits
- Menstrual irregularities
- Sudden or significant weight loss
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Nervousness or irritability
Levels of key thyroid hormones can indicate whether there is a thyroid imbalance. These include:
√ Lab Test
√ Doctor’s Review of Test Results
√ Doctor’s Recommended Course of Action
NOTE: This test is not available to residents of New York. Any orders originating from NY will automatically be canceled. Any samples originating from these states will be discarded.